Ticks are back!
Beware. Use insect repellent, Tuck trousers into socks for your trip to the Conservation areas, look carefully over yourself after being outside. And don’t forget to check your pets.
Spring is here and there is mud. Don’t ruin the trails. Follow the Dos and Don’ts.
Although the Conservation properties throughout the Town of Bolton are set aside for the promotion of natural resources and protection of watershed resources, we enjoy the privilege of having public access through our great trail system.
Therefore we would like to extend a reminder:
- Please stay on trails no matter the season on ALL conservation properties for your own (and your 4-footed companion’s) safety.
- No swimming or wading is permitted at Bowers Springs, Fyfeshire, Vaughn Hills, Welch Pond or any other water body.
Keep an eye out for volunteer opportunities this spring to assist in the maintenance of your favorite conservation property!
Your best friend can enjoy the conservation properties too, but please follow the rules.
Click here to read more:
- This event has passed.
Trails Steering Committee Meeting. Now Online.
May 4 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to attend.
- Disappearing arrows – Annie Moore in particular – should we use paint?
- Ad hoc trails (Rattlesnake in particular).
- Guidebook, website, maps.
- Base tile layer; preferences; Could be Open Street Map, OSM Piano or OSM Humanitarian
- Guidebook content
- Online maps
- New trails to be added (or not) – Lancaster Road from Fyfeshire, connection from Welch Pond to Sawyer Road, Tadmor new trail.
- Third Party Map use, e.g. http://masstrails.com
- New field maps and other information signs.
- Lancaster Road connection
- Monthly hike
- Earth Day – what happened?
- Trail work while under shelter in place guidelines
- Sign Inventory (we didn’t really get to this last time)
- Area review and known trails problems (big tree down at Fyfeshire, two trees down on Old Town Road, tree down at Haynes Wheeler; there must be more)
- Anything else?
Trails Steering Committee Minutes can be found here: